Wednesday

2 weeks from the beginning of this preliminary job hunt.  No call backs. 
 
Today I’m going to further search listings of some of the employers that will be attending a career fair that’s been on my radar from the beginning of this quest.
 
As my resume is concerned, I’ve noticed a lot of walking but not so much talking.  Does there need to be an attitude adjustment of some sort?  Perhaps we stepped off on the wrong foot.  Me, being focused on the past letdowns.  The resume being asked to do more than its purpose was designed for. 
 
What are potential employers looking for?  Someone to wake up, get dressed, and do what they’re told.  If I could just stick with that script, a fair amount of my problems would be solved.  The activities that distract me and leave me feeling a purposeless, mindless wanderer between non-tasks include but are not limited to not being braced or prepared for a day of just that.  My high gear engages but seems to be spent on nothing.
 
Suppose all this complaining could cese.  Aplication after application is asking me about proof of elegibility to work in the US.  Maybe I should dig up a copy of my social security card?  THat reminds me, I should update my address information to become a resident of the great state of IL by having my license plate renewed as well as my Drivers license address?  Details. Details.
 
With my goal being to be added to the payroll of an employer away from my residence, it is important to set myself up for success each and every day.  This includes but is not limited to getting out of bed, engaging in something job search related for a scheduled amount of time while remembering to stay engaged with actual persons, not just computer generated responses.

What do companies want?
+to know if they can afford to invest in a new hire
Minimum wage rates:
7.25 federal 8.25 State

What do I need to work on?  How not to stumble when asked to access my asking wage.  Tricky question about assessing my value and previous experience as it applies to the company and position I'm applying for hire with.  I'm terrible 'selling' myself.

What section of my resume has always caused strife for me?  Professional and personal references.  I'm a real person with a real life.  I'm mature yet what is social media saying about me?  Who am I as seen on social media?  What is being said about me by the interests I share online?  As a collective group of individuals of varying skills and education levels, who eat sleep and talk about the same stuff I don't have anything unique to add to my professional reference section.

Simplyhired.com is a page I want to get familiar with.

I don't like feeling like my information is getting populated onto job sites without my knowledge.  The identity theft possibility of this system I don't trust and leaves me feeling uneasy.

How many weeks will I work to earn $2k if I'm scheduled part time 15 hrs/week and earn 8.25/hour? (Estimate not including federal or state deductions)

First multiply rate by hours to get the weekly rate
$8.25/hr x 15hr=$123.75(wk)

Next divide the weekly rate by dollar goal for days to reach weeks worked to earn

$2000/$123.75/wk=16.162

(I don't know if this formula is correct)